Baclofen Part 3. 20.10.20. Day 50 no alcohol.

Baclofen 60-80 mg per day. Half at 1400 and same 1700.

Anxiety attacks have been a part of my life since abused by the babysitter aged nine. The one on stage, speaking to thirty bank managers in my 40’s, led me to Harley Street and Prozac for the first time. The anxiety returned in my 50’s, Prozac works but slows you down.
By the end of August 2020, two months of drinking had eased the underlying, but growing, anxiety. Stopping alcohol for a planned 100 days meant there was no ‘little helper’ to ease it. I was silly at this point as Baclofen also eases anxiety but, I only took it in the late afternoon and evening. Anxiety would rage until late afternoon when it eased. Of course, I could have taken it in the morning, just for anxiety. Instead, I asked my GP for Prozac and… 
I threw them in the bin last week. I felt strange, sleepy, weird dreams and something far worse! I searched side effects: Drowsiness, dizziness, anxiety, abnormal dreams, decreased sexual desire or ability, flushing, sweating and loss of appetite.  If I had been playing Bingo I would be shouting ‘full house’ at the top of my voice. The anxiety has gone but so had everything else. 
Upon one I draw the line; decreased sexual desire or ability. Totally unacceptable, one of life’s remaining rituals took place in the bath, the art of Self Pleasure. It involves music, candles, incense, lubricant (soap stings – some folk like that) and imagination. Best endorphin source known to man, an orgasm. Any drug that removes my very essence is not for me, I suppose when younger it just reduced it, the male menopause will have to wait.  In the bin they went. 
I purchased some Organic Ashwagandha tablets last week, the web says, ‘an ancient medicinal herb with multiple health benefits. It can reduce anxiety and stress, help fight depression, boost fertility and testosterone in men, and even boost brain function’. I am undertaking clinical trials and will report back. Today is a half century of being sober and still with a straight bat. Baclofen 60-80mg per day, no side effects, the tiredness only lasts a few weeks. 
I have never achieved a century at anything (186 tries for Harlequins RFC doesn’t count as it took four years) so what better incentive could there be for a Lad from Featherstone; 100 days, a century, of no alcohol and halfway there. Back when in the 90's.

Meanwhile, my life story has begun. Click here for Part 1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rugby Injuries and Cannabis. Harlequins - Holland & Barrett - England - Canada

My Story 9. Normanton High School - Shock - Sex - Drugs - Fame - Girls galore

Lambo arrested update. Do I stay or do I go.