Folk Tales 2. My Covid jab - Deja Vous - John Haynes OBE.

 

I had my first Covid jab, four weeks ago! I felt shit for two weeks and now dealing with other shit but that's for later. My jab was in the Haynes International Motor Museum, in a separate area normally used for corporate entertainment. After a fifteen minute wait, to make sure I didn't froth at the mouth etc, I was directed to to fire exit.  I stood at the edge of a field, my head was spinning, my legs felt weak but not from the jab! A deja vous moment indeed. I had stood on the same spot some 25 years earlier - my company, Lamberts Chartered Surveyors, placed an add on the back  page of Inter City magazine -every first class compartment on UK rail network -and the only response came from a man called John Haynes. We met on the spot I was now standing, the land had been zoned for residential development - bingo my initial reaction- but John had other ideas, he wanted a change of use to build a museum.

Many visits and £30,000 in fees, later we shook hands for the last time. He took me home and met his wife for for tea and cakes. Just before I departed he said he would like to show me his barn! Inside was... I don't do cars but seeing £10 million pounds worth took my breath away. 

For the past fifty years - before the internet- anyone who owned a car would also own an Haynes manual. John wrote his first one aged 18, the rest is a story of an eccentric genies.

John died in February 2019. A few months before I had the good pleasure to meet him again. Please enjoy his 'Folk Tales' story.

Click here for more...

Om John Haynes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rugby Injuries and Cannabis. Harlequins - Holland & Barrett - England - Canada

My Story 9. Normanton High School - Shock - Sex - Drugs - Fame - Girls galore

Lambo arrested update. Do I stay or do I go.