Sir Walter Raleigh.





For the previous episode click here

Sir Walter Raleigh, also spelled Ralegh, was an English landed gentleman, writer, poet, soldier, politician, courtier, spy and explorer. He was cousin to Sir Richard Grenville and younger half-brother of Sir Humphrey Gilbert. He is also well known for popularising tobacco in England. Wikipedia

He was also bonking Queen Elisabeth. She even gave him his own Castle.

He found it cold, damp and the rest. Shen gave him a load of dosh to build a new one.  The new one is very grand, but cost £15, I think, to look round. When Paul, Sheilas other man,stayed we followed a delivery truck (all closed for the winter) right to the front door. Grand but a bit austere in my opinion.

Back to Sir Walter. His problems began when his Goddess, Queen Elisabeth died. On 29th October 1618, he attended a banquet in the Tower of London.  No one had told him, he was the meat! I think they chopped his head of.

Judging by the vitriol, shock and anger my blogs are stirring, there are a lot of folk wishing I could meet the same end as Sir Walter.

I am accepting no invitations to banquets, so please don't invite me. Om.

My Goddess, Sheila Gibbons is sleeping soundly after all yesterdays excitement. Jenny, Sheilas helper since last summer, arrived and gave me some time out. Took my blood pressure, 137/85, could be better, but no cause for concern.  Gym didn't appeal, full English, na, just not hungry.

I drove into Sherborne, absolutely no idea where I was going. My screaming started soon after leaving. Fuck,fuck,fuck at the top of my voice. Arrrrg and the rest. Burping mountains of trapped air as my lungs expanded. I stopped the car and sobbed then the floodgates opened. On gaining some composure I found myself parked at Castle Gardens, the garden centre, next to the Castle. Indeed rented from the estate, as is a big chunk of the town.

I walked through the centre, out the back, passed a sign saying staff only and there is was The Green Shed.  The Green Shed makes kindling out of disused pallets and sold in the shop. Alas it was closed. Sheila worked there one afternoon a week. It is often full to bursting with clients, Sheila was a helper. The majority of clients come with their carers, some come with two. Sheila went there three weeks ago, just before being admitted to hospital,

I then found myself, driving to the Old Castle. I sat, cried a bit and imagined what life must have been like for Sir Walter.

My life is also about to change, but hopeful a few more days sitting holding Sheilas hand, first.

For my next blog click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rugby Injuries and Cannabis. Harlequins - Holland & Barrett - England - Canada

My Story 9. Normanton High School - Shock - Sex - Drugs - Fame - Girls galore

Lambo arrested update. Do I stay or do I go.