Sheila Gibbons Cremation

For the previous episode click here.

Could have been called, Families imploding Part 3.

Desert Island Discs is a radio programme broadcast on BBC Radio 4. It was first broadcast on the BBC Forces Programme on 29 January 1942. [Wikipedia] And it has run every Sunday (?) since.

Lambo ran his own version for two years, Folk Tales Abbey104.com, Sunday morning 1100.

Everyone, one exception John Haynes, spent more time worrying about their 'all time' six songs to take to their desert Island.  Many times I heard, 'these are the songs for my funeral' The hardest bit was telling them six songs only.

One Sunday morning I interview Sheila! She was thirteen minutes 45 seconds late.

Here are Sheila's 'Desert Island Disks'   So ignore Lambo filling time and go to 'She Loves You' the Beatles, Sheilas first disk.  It also tells you all about my goddess. Sheila like many others spent more time making music playlist than telling me about herself.  At this stage we had no idea what was in store some six months later. I now have music for her funeral, music for the reception and music to dance to, into the early hours.  Funny not a single song by Queen!

Another very import request from my goddess.  Made to me and Paul as we assembled her new bed.  Sheila's words not mine, 'save the cardboard, you can make a coffin with it'. Many of you can just imagine her saying that.  Sheila saved everything!!

She has also given me very clear instructions of where her ashes are to be spread.  Corton Ridge runs from the top of our lane all the way to Cadbury Castle, home of King Arthur and his Knights. Its also the location of the Camelot pub, so even better.  Sheila sat on the ridge for many hours (sometimes to escape from that manic idiot Lambo) and I know exactly the spot she wants her ashes spreading.

It came as a surprise, when I received this from Sheilas sister Anne & Hazel.



Wishes & Desires 

Close Facebook
Ashes - Somewhere beautiful 
Home if possible?  Hospice if need
DNAR
Prompt Chart
Music - Choir (Cornelia Fey ger YouTube music)
I did it my way 
Bring Me Sunshine 
I want to break free 
Under Pressure 
A Kind of Magic 
Classical Music 
The Hunger – David Bowie 
The Sun always shines on TV - Aha
British Airways boarding song / Music
Cardboard Coffin 
H&S Honeymoon
Clothes for Sheila - Floral wedding dress + Jewellery as well 
Spa - do in 2/3 weeks?   Friday after school /overnight 

I resigned yesterday as an executor.  Francis Hill and Daniel Steel are now her remaining executors.

My message to the executors;

When you have finished doing your stuff, please return Sheila's ashes to me, In a recycled cardboard box.  And it is very important we all follow Sheila's wishes so, her ashes to me in a recycled cardboard box please.

Sheila's ashes will then form part, along with all her Artwork,  of a new 'pop up' Temple that, when Lambo puts his property hat on, will be less than two minutes walk from Sherborne Railway Station.  I will be open for all to visit.

Then, when all the virus stuff has settled down, we will have our very own festival to party, dance and all celebrate her life;

Saint Sita of Tamworth 

Sita, Packhorse Lill, Starfish will no doubt attend.  And it will be in Tamworth.

Both Lambo and I are now going into a period of silence.  We will let you all know when we receive her ashes, in a recycled cardboard box.

Our silence has started.

Om.

But next this happened.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rugby Injuries and Cannabis. Harlequins - Holland & Barrett - England - Canada

My Story 9. Normanton High School - Shock - Sex - Drugs - Fame - Girls galore

Lambo arrested update. Do I stay or do I go.