And just for openness and clarity, letter to my mum, Little Betty.

For the previous blog click here.


First a parable.

The blind man and the Scorpion.

The recent flooding has caused chaos.  The blind man, all ready shaking being next to a Scorpion, was trapped, they were the wrong side of the expanding river, bridge taken out and the river needs crossing or they both will die.

The Scorpion says to the blind man, I will climb onto your head and guide us through the shallow waters to safety'. The blind man realises its his only chance of survival so agrees.

Off they go, left, right, the blind man up-to his waist in water.  They make it, they are saved.

At this point the Scorpion stings the man.  As he lay dying he asked the Scorpion why?  The response.

'I'm a Scorpion and that's what Scorpions do' .

Firstly mum, my dad was a Viking and that's what Vikings did.

Viking sperm is the most expensive on the planet.  Your Granddaughter and her wife spent over £30,000 to give you three Viking Great Grandchildren.

Ye my dad did get paraded through the streets with 'Slaggy Maggy' in a van.  He had just scored the winning try to win Rover the Yorkshire Cup.

Mum, that was sixty one years ago and yet you still give him shit on a daily basis.

Last year I took my dad to hospital four times.  On three of those everyone thought he was a goner. Mum all you kept saying to me and those closest was, 'At least when he is dead he can't hurt me any more'.
Mum every 'family gathering' you attended, birthdays, holidays, Xmas here with my ex wife's parents.  You never even had your coat off before telling everyone what a 'nasty person' he had been.  You continue to turn your entire family against him. A snide comment here and there.

You wind him up constantly whilst being sweetness and light in public.  My dad does explodes, smashing chairs and tables (90 minutes in the gym this morning was my explosion for today) you then call the Police to say he is abusing you.

Mum, you may be an amazing dancer and loved by everyone but, you are also guilty of abusing my dad.

Please stop now.

Om Mum

Next blog here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rugby Injuries and Cannabis. Harlequins - Holland & Barrett - England - Canada

My Story 9. Normanton High School - Shock - Sex - Drugs - Fame - Girls galore

Lambo arrested update. Do I stay or do I go.