The Bargee is a 1964 British comedy film

This movie changed my life. A right angled turn (90 degrees) in ninety seconds.

I was eleven, 1964, my parents took me to (Bridlington, East Yorkshire) see the The Bargee [PG] . My dad did seem quite exited to go.  I fell in love.  Something in the film, no idea what yet, as I am yet about to replay it, just blew me away.  My love [a deep desire/need for more] of The Bargee meant three days later I turned up for the afternoon performance, pretended to be 16 (I was a freaky big ) and the girl on the counter (also pretending to be 16) smiled and took my money. I felt a huge adrenaline (endorphin)  rush, walking confidently into the cinema to bluff my age. I loved it even more the second time around.  Heaven would have looked, smelt and tasted like being The Bargee. Hang on see my Ps.

I have just replayed it and ... I'm hooked and blown away again. Old fashioned British comedy at its best. I can see why life on the water hooked -anchored even - me from an early age.

Lambo

Ps. Thirty years later I would buy - no idea how it worked even - my first boat, a Seamaster 22 for £6,700  located in Ware, Hertfordshire (my commission from selling the Rotunda building in Camden Town) and go on those very same adventures with my then wife Kerry with children Christopher and Emily. Fifty years later I am still hooked.

Om The Bargee. 

Comments

  1. I can’t imagine focusing long enough to research; much less write this kind of article. You’ve outdone yourself with this material. This is great content. the commander

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site , perfectly great articles . buy dvd ncis new orleans season 4

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rugby Injuries and Cannabis. Harlequins - Holland & Barrett - England - Canada

My Story 9. Normanton High School - Shock - Sex - Drugs - Fame - Girls galore

Lambo arrested update. Do I stay or do I go.